- 59-year-old, wife and mother. She lives with her husband in Willow, Alaska.
- Retired Health Science and Kinesiology Instructor, California State University, Fullerton.
- Master of Science in Kinesiology, graduated summa cum laude, California State University, Fullerton.
- Diagnosed with Wegener’s granulomatosis, August 1, 2007.
- Rare Disease Awareness Advocate for the National Organization of Rare Disorders.
- Summited Mt. Everest on May 23, 2010.
- Completed 1000-mile Iditarod Sled Dog Race on March 22, 2015, and again on March 18, 2017.
- Only woman to have both summited Mt Everest and completed the 1000-mile Iditarod, both when she was in her 50’s. Two men have done both, but they were younger.
- Reaching Beyond the Clouds: From Undiagnosed to Climbing Mt. Everest, published 2011.
- Banner on the Moon, a feature-length documentary chronicling her journey (2016).
- SCUBA Diving
- Sled Dog Mushing
- Ballroom Dancing
- Mountain Climbing
- Underwater Videography
- World Traveler and Adventurer